sexta-feira, março 30, 2012

Install Android 4.0.4 in the European unlocked Nexus S

I9023 with Super-Clear LCD: baseband: I9023XXKF1.
This phone is sold in Portugal and other European countries.

EDIT: I inspected the clean install rom and it seems it will work only for the I9020 model. Further analysis is needed.

_______
If you have the old 2.3.6 version you can upgrade to 4.0.3 or make a clean install of the 4.0.4 (will erase all data, music, etc...).


It is not possible to manually upgrade from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4 using the safe recovery because ICS roms need the OTA notification, so you must follow this tutorial to ROOT it via ClockworkMod Recovery image.

The images for the upgrades or clean install can be obtained here.

This is a sensitive operation. Do it at your own risk.

EDIT:
Finally, Google sent the OTA update. My Nexus S now runs a stock 4.0.4 version.

________

Fóruns em português:

Sem comentários: